Monday, June 6, 2011

Maiden Voyage!

May 22


Tonight at church I plugged my recently assembled Telecaster into my MESA/Booge Mark III and a borrowed PRS 4x12.

It sounded bright, crisp, and full.  Very clear.  As a “guitar”, it sounds great. It’s just not the sound I’m looking for.  It almost sounds like I have humbuckers in it.  My strat with hotrail pickups has more twang. 

I’m not surprised or complaining, though.  Right now I have Jay Turser pickups in there.  There is a certain Telecaster twangy squank that I’m looking for that I really wasn’t expecting from these.  I have a set of Squire tele pickups that I can drop in and see how they sound. (I would have done that, but instead of two leads they have one lead with grounding wrapped around the hot lead, and I just didn’t feel like messing around with them when the Tursers were ready to go.)

But it is all part of the fun of this guitar.  It is my first build, and I’m looking forward to always be swapping parts and experimenting.  So for now I’ll enjoy it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment