Monday, June 6, 2011

Setting it up

May 20


I’m sure the intonation is out.  I adjusted it by ear and it isn’t noticeably off.  But the strings are brand new and not staying in tune yet, so I’ll wait a week to really go at it.  The pickup heights aren’t adjusted yet, either.

I’m playing at church this Sunday night.  At the moment my plan is to play it at rehearsal, but have another guitar ready to go for the service just in case I’m having tuning/intonation issues.

BTW, I’m having a hard time adjusting to the vintage ashtray style bridge.  I have a flat six-saddle bridge that I can put on it, but I want to give the 3 compensated brass saddles a whirl.

I have a feeling that this guitar will never be “done”, and that I will always be modding, updating, swapping, comparing, etc.  

Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment