Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spreading its Wings

June 8

Had rehearsal last night and was playing through my old solid-state (mos-fet) HH amp.

This guitar is really starting to come out! It just wants to break loose and SING!! It is not content to politely lay low, it really wants to boldly soar. And I don't mean heavy metal shredding. Even clean rhythm playing is making it want to explode. I feel bad that I have to hold it back in this setting. (This wasn't rehearsal for the Rock and Roll service.  It was for the Don't Scare the Old People service.)

I’m starting to learn how to work the Magic Tone Knob. I’ve never really touched them on guitars, but with the tone all the way up, I have a nice country twang, and with it rolled back a little, the guitar was screaming as we jammed on Mississippi Queen. That knob is very responsive, and I'm amazed at all the different sounds I can dial with it. (I know, I know... that's why they call it a TONE knob. I'm clearly late to this party.)

No comments:

Post a Comment